Dalesbridge Green Commitment
At Dalesbridge we are committed to providing a good quality service whilst minimising the environmental impact of our activities. A symbol of this commitment is our membership of the Green Tourism Business Scheme.
The scheme provides accreditation & encouragement for tourism businesses to reduce the environmental impact of their activities. By encouraging sustainable practices the scheme ensures the continued enjoyment of the environment around us for future generations.
A GTBS Case Study on Dalesbridge can be downloaded here.
Dalesbridge's Sustainable Management Policy can be found here.
Some of the main steps we have taken to reduce our impact are:
- The fitting of Low Energy Light Bulbs
- Environmental policy of not replacing towels unless asked
- Buying (wherever possible) free range & locally sourced food
- Moving towards using more environmentally friendly cleaning products
- Recycling waste, with recycling skips on site
- Energy efficient 'A' rated appliances purchased when replacements made
- Fitting of thermostatic radiator valves wherever possible
- Using email as much as possible to save paper wastage
- Not printing leaflets and brochures but using print on demand instead
- Using recycled paper, envelopes & toilet paper were possible
- 'Hippos' fitted to toilet systems when practical
- Push to operate showers on our campsite
- Using locally grown wood on lounge fire
- Commitment to replacing current oil boilers with efficient modern energy saving boilers
- Secure bicycle storage with routes available
- Extensive native tree planting within the grounds
- Encouraging guests to undertake walks and activities from site rather than using cars
- Staff training and involvement with green issues
- Management of Dalesbridge's grounds to encourage wildlife
- Providing donation points for the maintenance of the beautiful Yorkshire Dales & Forest of Bowland - in reception
- Membership of the Forest of Bowland Sustainable Tourism Network, Yorkshire Dales Society and Bowland Experience Ltd.
- Encouraging visitors to use public transport by offering guests a discount if they arrive by bus or train
Please also look at our Dalesbridge Visitors Code.