Dalesbridge Visitor Code
Wherever we go and whatever we do, your visit will always have an impact on our local environment.
There are many ways in which you can get involved during your visit to help look after our beautiful area, and ensure it is just as special on your next visit, this will also support our commitment to sustainable tourism:
- Why not get out of the car - walking, riding and cycling are great ways to explore the area without adding to the traffic and you'll find there are fantastic places to visit right on our doorstep! Ask at reception and we can give you suggestions for rides and walks.
- Stay local, eat local, buy local and see local - North Yorkshire & Lancashire have gained a reputation for fine food and local produce. So why not seek our local farmers' markets in Settle on the 2nd Sunday of every month, our village stores in both Austwick and Clapham, our local pub the Game Cock in Austwick village and the excellent award winning Home Barn café at the hamlet of Feizor this would make a real difference to these local businesses and our local rural community.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - support us in our efforts to reduce waste. Recycle bins are provided down the track towards the bunkhouses. Alternatively please do leave paper, bottles etc. beside your bins and we will recycle them.
- Switch off...and save energy - in this beautiful, rural area you can see the stars at night! Help us reduce energy use and CO2 emissions by switching off lights and standby buttons when you don't need them. Help us reduce water consumption by using just the water you need.
- Follow the Countryside Code - the countryside code reminds us all to protect, respect and enjoy: look after plants and animals; take litter away; leave gates and property as you find them; keep dogs under close control; and consider other people. All the fields and land surrounding Dalesbridge are privately owned, please respect and support our local farmers who farm it!
If you have any ideas about how we at Dalesbridge can reduce our impact on the environment and support our local community in a better way please let us know.
Dalesbridge is proud to be part of the Green Tourism Business Scheme as well as members of the Yorkshire Green Business Club and the Bowland Sustainable Tourism Network.